Secretary General and Executive Director
After graduating with a Master of Engineering in IT, Tom DIELEN worked for SWIFT in the financial sector. In 1996 he became Executive Director of World Archery, moved the organisation’s headquarters from Milan to Lausanne and began developing its structure with a permanent staff. In 2002, Tom left to join WADA, where he was Director of the European Office and in charge of International Federation relations.
Tom re-joined World Archery in 2005 as Secretary General and Executive Director. These two roles were combined at the 2007 Congress into the Secretary General position. He competed at national level in archery and has been national champion in several disciplines.
Read more about Tom Dielen.
- General Management of World Archery and office operations
- Assisting the President in representing World Archery in the Olympic Family
- Approving and distributing Congress and Executive Board Minutes and implementing resolutions
- TV and media production arrangements (contract and budget), interfacing with external associations, human resources (benefits), strategic plan, interpretations of rules, World Archery Doping Free Sports Unit – Results Management
- Liaison to the Executive Board, Executive Committee, World Archery continental and member associations, Constitution & Rules Committee, Board of Justice & Ethics and to the Olympic Family
- Follow up on Strategic Plan
- Integrity, match fixing and compliance matters